GDPR Academy Limited (“GDPRA”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is GDPR Academy Limited (company number 10940564) whose registered office is at Casa Court, Great George Street, Godalming, United Kingdom, GU7 1DX.
Information GDPRA collect from you
GDPRA will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.gdpracademy.org (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information GDPR collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site GDPRA will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information GDPRA receive from other sources. This is information GDPRA receives about you if you use any of the other websites GDPR operates or the other services GDPRA provides. In this case GDPR will have informed you when GDPRA collected that data if GDPRA intends to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. GDPRA will also have told you for what purpose GDPRA will share and combine your data. GDPRA is working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). GDPRA will notify you when GDPRA receive information about you from them and the purposes for which GDPRA intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
GDPRA uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. GDPRA will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services GDPRA offers that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services GDPRA feels may interest you. If you are an existing customer, GDPRA will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where GDPRA permits selected third parties to use your data, GDPRA (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which GDPRA collects your data (the subscription form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information GDPRA collects about you. GDPRA will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising GDPRA serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information GDPRA receives from other sources. GDPRA will combine this information with information you give to us and information GDPRA collects about you. GDPRA will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information GDPR receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that GDPRA has the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract GDPR enters into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. GDPR does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but GDPR will provide them with aggregate information about our users. GDPR may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. GDPR may make use of the personal data GDPR has collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
GDPR will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that GDPR sells or buys any business or assets, in which case GDPRA will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If GDPRA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where GDPRA store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where GDPRA has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. GDPRA asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although GDPR will do our best to protect your personal data, GDPRA cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once GDPRA has received your information, GDPRA will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. GDPRA will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if GDPRA intends to use your data for such purposes or if GDPRA intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms GDPRA uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that GDPRA does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.